Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.

I have already got a judgement in another state on my borrower.

Customer Question

I have already got a judgement in another state on my borrower. Can I get a separate judgement for the same case in another state for a different amount? or do I have to domesticate that particular Judgement
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

You can't raise the same issue again in a new state. You are "estopped" from raising the same facts before any other court for the same purpose.

What you have to do, as you already noted, is use the ability to domesticate that judgment in other states, as permitted by the "full faith and credit" clause of the Constitution.