Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

HI - We are a restoration co. in Maryland, if we get a job

HI - We are a restoration co. in Maryland, if we get a job from a big flood or fire that requires the contents be removed, we take them and store them in our warehouse, currently we have 17 crates belonging to different clients from 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011 legally what are we required to do with this property.
Hi

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.

Does your agreement have any provisions at all or time frame for when property shall be claimed once it is removed and recovered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, I don't see anything in our contract specifing. They sign off on a Pack Out Inventory sheet.

Hi

Ok. Thank you

Then in that case, you must send a certified letter with a return receipt requested to the last known address of the owners.

In the letter, you need to tell them they have 30 days from the date of receipt of the letter to contact you about having the possessions returned or you will dispose of them accordingly.

You can list what the possessions are or you can merely state that on such and such a date restoration was done and personal items collected at that time and they have 30 days from receipt of the letter to contact you. You can state that this is the only Notice they will get in this regard.

Once there is no contact, then you can dispose of them. Keep a copy of the letter with the return receipt.

If the letter is returned as address unknown, then you have done your part in trying to make contact with the owner.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.