Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

Does a lawer have the right to up ajudgment from 4200. to 9300.she

Does a lawer have the right to up ajudgment from 4200. to 9300.she has a lein on my house for 5000.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Does the judgment say anything about court costs, attorney's fees, or collection costs, in addition to the amount of the judgment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes resonable attorney fee

Then yes, she can. As long as she can show that the attorney's fees are reasonable, she is allowed to include that in the amount that she is collecting.

What is considered reasonable is based on the amount of work performed and the time it takes, not the total judgment amount. So, for example, you can request copies of the billings, showing what was done, the amount of time the tasks took, and what the hourly rate is. Attorneys can redact these bills to remove any personal information. That way, you'll be able to tell if you have some basis for disputing the amount that she's asking for.

Just from experience, if she charges $200/hour, that's only about 25 hours of work. Depending on the type of case, and whether she had to file papers or make court appearances, that would likely be considered reasonable.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.