Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Legal Expert
19305272

How do you determine if there has been an increase in child

How do you determine if there has been an increase in child support by 15%. How do you calculate the percentage.

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

TMcJD :

Yes, that is correct. Say, for example, that the original support order was for $1,000 and the new support order is $1,500. You subtract the old from the new to determine the difference. That difference is $500. You then divide $500 by the original amount of $1,000 to determine that there is a 50% increase.

TMcJD :

I guess you were given incorrect information - they said divide the difference into the new order. No, you divide the difference by the old order to find the increase from the original amount.

Customer:

Can I give you some figures and you tell me if thertes been a 15% increase

TMcJD :

Sure

Customer:

Give me few minutes, I'm a one finger typer

Customer:

The old order was 289.00 per month and it increased to 336.00. Was this a 15% increase

TMcJD :

It's about a 16.3% increase.

Customer:

I came up with 13.98%

TMcJD :

A 13.98 percent increase only takes it to about $329.40

TMcJD :

The increase was more than 15%

Customer:

Thanks

Customer:

Thanks Again

TMcJD :

You're welcome. I would be grateful if you would please leave me a positive rating for my time assisting you. I cannot receive credit for my work without your positive rating even if you already made a deposit.