Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Hi there, I have filed in the state of california request

Hi there,
I have filed in the state of california request to administer an estate, our cout date is set for May 20th (we would like to sell the home in the estate asap as we have a buyer waiting) what documents do I need to fiile I am to get court approval to move forward with this sale.... Assuming that the court will grant my request for administrator of the estate will the court be willing to address the requeest to sell during the hearing to determine administrator? I understant that I will need to complete DE 160 for referee but not sure what other documents are needed.... (my mother in law passed before my father in law we need to remove her name from deed as well! Thank you
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide the information you are seeking.

Only the administrator can sell the property, so yes, this will take an order of the court for sale and you have to file a motion to sell estate property and get it filed and ask for it to be heard on the same date as the appointment based on the pending buyer. The motion is filed with the clerk and notice is sent to all of the heirs of the motion.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much for your promt reply... do I just usee pleading paper to file the motion if not what document do I use for this purpose! Thank you again! Have a great day

Yes, this is done on a pleading paper, since it is not one of the form motions they have on the site.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much

Thank you very much.