Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Trapper John contract states: Trapper John guarantees that

Trapper John contract states: Trapper John guarantees that the above listed home remain critter free of targeted animals from the areas repaired for a period of 1 yr. This quarantee applies only to the areas designated on the contract. If re-entry occurs during the specified guarantee period, the animals will be removed and any necessary repairs made at no charge. This is there warrantee clause at the bottom of the contract which describes the wholes that they screened or plugged on the property atXXXXXNorthwood West Palm beach fla. The prior years contract in 2011 thru Nov 2012 cost $1200. this contract in effect Nov. 2012 thru Nov 2013. When I called TR he told me that I would have to pay an additional fee of $640. for him to bate traps in the kitchen... that was yesterday and since that time the tenants have tapped on 2 different night 2 rats. The have asked today to cancel the lease and move out early. I need the rent money and have called 2 different rat companies for estimates....???
Do I have any legal issues against TJ in civil court. Richard F.
Hi

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.

I am sorry this is a problem

Yes, I suggest you can bring Trapper John to civil court and sue for the breach of the warranty.

First I suggest you write him a letter to be mailed overnight with a receipt requested stating that no where in the contract does it state there will be a re baiting fee. And thus, if he does not follow through on the warranty you will sue for the breach and the loss of income due to the tenants leaving.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.