Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

can the home improvement consumer protection act admissible

can the home improvement consumer protection act admissible in court against a construction contractor in the state of texas?

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.

I am not sure exactly what you mean.

Do you want to sue a contractor? What are the circumstances?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The contractor is suing us due to nonpayment and the nonpayment is due to a list of things that he did not do at all or did not do to satisfaction.

Thank you

Yes, you can certainly use the Home Improvement Act as a defense.

However, I suggest that more importantly you will want to

A - Show Photos of the incomplete work

B - A letter of demand that he fix those things or complete the work

If you are not satisfied with the work or if it was not fully completed, then you do not pay. And you do not sign a certificate of completion. And yes, so the result would be the contractor will sue you. But you have the defense of it was not complete.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've been looking all around to ensure this is admissable in Texas courts which i am finding that it is not, can you please clarify? I just want to make sure that this document is true to texas state laws.

Texas does not have such a consumer protection act, if that is what you are asking and so no - you need to stick to Texas law.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is what i asked in my orignial email and you said yes. wow

I see you are correct. But I suggest I meant the premise of the same. Not the Act itself and I apologize for any misunderstanding. I should have been more clear. And so because Texas does not have one per se, it can only be used on the premise and not the Act itself.

Apologies for being unclear.