Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

Is the following assignment well worded to allow the assign

Is the following assignment well worded to allow the assign to pursue a claim to a contract of the corporation previous to dissolution?

"The Company shall assign and convey any and all rights, title, and interests of the Corporation; including, but not limited to, any contracts and/or claims under contract, or under contract previous to dissolution or otherwise, to (name) as of and from (date)."
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. Is the contract that is being assigned assignable? Is the assignee paying anything for this assignment? Are their creditors of the corporation being paid prior to dissolution or are there unpaid liabilities? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is nothing in any contracts of the corporation that says they can't be assigned. The assignee is a 100% shareholder...there is no provision in the voluntary dissolution of the company that requires payment by the assignee for the assignment...again 100% owner would be paying myself. No creditors and no unpaid liabilities.

Thanks so much for following up. Yes, your language will suffice. The general rule of law is that an assignment is permitted under the law unless there is an express prohibition against assignment in the underlying contract or lease. Since the contract does not prohibit an assignment, then it would be assignable. I brought up the other issues to make sure you weren't going to have any problems with unpaid creditors by transferring the assets out of the corporation for no consideration without paying the creditors.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!