Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I had a business and I went went out of business, closed and

I had a business and I went went out of business, closed and desolved the corporation. I could not pay some vender bills. I tried to start another business to pay the ones that would work with me until I could not afford it more. Am I legally obligated to pay with out not signed a personal gaurantee?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. You are not personally liable for the debts and liabilities of your business as long as you did not sign a personal guarantee. Your corporation is a limited liability entity and the corporation's creditors can look only to the assets of the corporation to collect their debts. Your personal assets are not at risk.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!