Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

For 5starlaw only. Hi Ellen. It is XXXXX XXXXX. Can you

Customer Question

For 5starlaw only.
Hi Ellen. It is XXXXX XXXXX. Can you chat?
Expert:  Ellen replied 3 years ago.

FiveStarLaw :

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

FiveStarLaw :

Hi

FiveStarLaw :

Nice to hear from you today!

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

Same!

FiveStarLaw :

I was just about to respond on your other page! Apparently there is an occasional delay with chat

FiveStarLaw :

How can I help you today Mike?

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

yes. I'm in another tough spot. A clerk told me that it takes 4-6 weeks for a filed warrant to get to the marshal. And the landlord did not have a warrant as of Friday. It was rejected. Then another clerk told me that the warrant can go to the marshal within 4 weeks of the original filing date, which was 4 or more weeks ago. Your thoughts and experiences around this?

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

A judge gave me an extra 30 days, but said that I had to be out yesterday or today

FiveStarLaw :

The warrant can go to the marshal immediately however it typically takes several weeks

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

I've been to court twice over this. We agreed that I wold be out a month ago and he would fix the toilet, which he didn't do. So I went back, as just mentioned

FiveStarLaw :

You have done well delaying this matter

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

yes. thank you. it is REALLY had finding places. few want a dog, other places are not safe enough, my age iss a problem as is my fiarly limited budget

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

I truly have spent a great deal of time looking. But now I hope you can help me figure out by what day I have to be out

FiveStarLaw :

understood

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

So if the landlord successfuly files today, could he get it to the marshal immediately?

FiveStarLaw :

yes technically but a delay is typical

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

On whose en?, he really wants me out ASAP

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

end

FiveStarLaw :

The delay is with the clerk of the court

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

FiveStarLaw :

Always my pleasure Mike

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

Anyway I can find out when she has sent it? One clerk has told me about the warrant when I call him once a week. And there is a friendly young lawyer in the clerk's office many hours a week. He was helpful when I last spoke with him

FiveStarLaw :

You can keep calling and hope for clerk cooperation

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

He's been very friendly so far, but I may have used up my calls. But does the clerk hatmation -

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

i cant make corrections

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

you are right that it is buggier.

JACUSTOMER-7cnccq0a- :

so could the front desk clerk tell me when the other clerk sent out the warrnat

FiveStarLaw :

Yes but they are not required to do so

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

aol froze. if the chat gets hung up again, email is fine.

I didn't get your response to if the front desk clerks can find out from the warrant clerk whether she has sent out the warrant

Expert:  Ellen replied 3 years ago.

The clerk can research the information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

justanswer is very buggy so far. This is the third time you have been very helpful around a very critical issue, and I'm goin to write Andy again. And I'll mention that at times you have answered 2 or 3 questions in the same thread. I know he'll like that, as will Adam, head of customer service. I'll write him too.I'll start another one soon. When I spoke with the marshal a couple of months ago (on your suggestion), he told me that it is taking him 30 days to process warrents. Can I trust him/can the landlord get to him and push him to do me sooner since I've been here so long. Relatedly, can I tell him my very difficult situation - I'm 69 with a big dog for safety and have a limited budget due to the huge cutbacks by the dpet of education?

Expert:  Ellen replied 3 years ago.
"And I'll mention that at times you have answered 2 or 3 questions in the same thread."
Mike, I am not permitted to answer 2 or 3 questions in the same thread!!! I am only permitted to clarify my answer to your initial question.

I can only tell you what is typical. I suggest you continue to follow up with the marshal.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How typical is it in your experience for the marshal to be swayed by either the landlord or the tenant? and someone very high up told me the thing about 2 or 3 questions, but I wont mention it and instead say how patient you have been with clarifications

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't see a response to my last msg

Expert:  Ellen replied 3 years ago.
It is very unlikely for the marshal to be swayed by either the tenant or the landlord