Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

Money missing from account

I work in Afghanistan and I have rental properies in Tennessee. I had a verbal agreement with a friend to take care of the properties for me while I was away. He would do all repairs as needed. I was sending him money as he needed for the repairs and he was collecting the rent during this time. I was paying him 20.00 dollars per hour for the repairs plus 10% of rent collected. I have come in from Afghanistan and found out the money I sent him did not go to repair nor was he depositing the money collected for rent. My question is? Are there any Legal way I can get the money he was suppose to collect and deposit into my account? He has been put on my Utilityies as my Property Manager and has excepted the responsibilities as PM.

Thank you for the information and your question. You have a couple of options. One is to let him know that if he does not repay you all of this money by whatever date you choose, that you will file a police report for theft. If he doesn't give you your money, then you can report this to the police and/or file suit in small claims court if the amount you are owed is $25,000 or less.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.