Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

Can a resident of an R.V. Park use a handicap parking space

Can a resident of an R.V. Park use a handicap parking space to park his/her car over night, after night, after night?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If the resident has a handicapped placard, he is allowed to park in a space that is designated with persons for disabilities. The Fair Housing Act requires that a landlord or owner of a mobile home park make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If the park needs that space for guests or other residents, they may want to consider assigning the residents who have special needs a space near their specific homes, or adding additional handicapped parking spaces. There is unfortunately nothing in the law to prevent a person who needs an accessible space from using it, just because he happens to live on the property in question and use it for extended time periods.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.