Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

There have been constant appearances from the police in my

Customer Question

There have been constant appearances from the police in my town they keep coming here with a SWAT team EVERY TIME because people are writing false statements that were not made by me on falsified facebook pages that were not mine. The statements were that I wanted to hurt myself or someone else. I do not, have not, and will not ever do such nonsense . I am a grown man only 125# XXXXX 37yo and I am disabled. Why is there a need to block my street bust in my dad's home break my door to my room down and go all out into the street an high five and say "GOOD WORK FELLAS WE GOT EM!" (this happened a number of years ago with no warrant. Since then, after I reported that they needed to have 34 cops here to subdue a person of my stature they have come here numerous time accusing me that I am a threat to myself. I have a mental condition but I am at least competent enough to be in post grad school, why would I even attempt to involve the police's time. The harassment is ridiculous. So today just because my name Joseph Ingrisani appeared on a false FB page, they came to my home with two "shielded" officers asking me personal questions and trying to make this a criminal case. This crap needs to stop I googled my name and just in ny and nj there are 452 Joseph Ingrisani's and 22 of them have an "R" as I do with my middle initial.
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

In order to challenge the police harassment, you would need to file a lawsuit against the police department asserting that you are being harassed without probably cause and asking for monetary damages to compensate you for the harassment and economic loss that may be tied to it.

However, it is important to remember that the police have a duty to respond to reports that someone is going to harm themselves or someone else. If the police find evidence of this, then they have the duty to place you in custodial hold for a psychiatric evaluation. This is generally done to protect you if you have any mental illness caused tendencies to hurt your self.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN