Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

need to no what I will get in court for possession of a sch

Customer Question

need to no what I will get in court for possession of a sch 2 drug, I had 2 pills for ADHD that I didn't have a prescription for in the state of SC. The drug I had was Methylpidate Hydrocodone. I also hed 8 Lorcet and 14 Xanax that I do have a prescription for, but I was carrying them with me all in the wrong bottle.
Expert:  Roger replied 3 years ago.
Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Under South Carolina law, penalties for a first offense possession of schedule 2 drug is a fine of up to $5,000, up to two years in prison, or both.

These are the maximum penalties, and you can usually get away with a smaller fine, probation and no jail time (although jail time is possible, it's not probable).