Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I bought a used semi truck a few month ago. I had a verbal

I bought a used semi truck a few month ago. I had a verbal agreement that before I bought it there would be certain adjustment made to the engine. I asked the seller twice before I paid him if the adjustments had been made and he said yes they had done them. move ahead a few months and the truck needs over 5k in repairs. the tech (qualified Cummings engine technician) said there was no way, if these adjustment had been made that they could not see that these parts were failing, but sold me the truck anyway. Do I have any legal recourse, or is it "Caveat Emptor" for this luckless buyer?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
I am afraid that I am going to have to confirm what you already suspect to be the case...If there was no type of written warranty on the truck and nothing in writing stating that seller would make the adjustments, then you would have purchased the truck in "as is" condition as it sits, defects and all. It would have been your obligation to have the vehicle thoroughly inspected prior to purchase to ensure that it was mechanically sound.
.
I am sorry I had to confirm the bad news.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

Please remember to rate my service. If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.