ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

In am in Houston, Texas. I would like to start an Employment

In am in Houston, Texas. I would like to start an Employment Consulting Company. I want to offer the service of completing job applications for my customers in addition to resume writing and face to face interview preparation. My question: Is it illegal to complete job applications for people with their signed consent? This is something I wanted to speak to a lawyer about -please advise?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

That's a good idea, and I do wish you the best of luck in this matter.

ScottyMacEsq :

No, it is not illegal to complete job applications for another, so long as you do not falsely represent that you are actually the individual or falsely represent information on behalf of the individual.

ScottyMacEsq :

Texas law is fairly permissive in the law of agency (having another act on your behalf) and only limits actions where a license would be needed to do so.

ScottyMacEsq :

For instance, you can't have a non-attorney represent you legally, or have a non-doctor do surgery for you...

ScottyMacEsq :

But where there is not any limitation (such as practice of law without a license, etc...) then people are free to contract with others to act on their behalf. And the filling out of employment forms is not the practice of law (or other licensed profession).

Customer:

Ahhhhh. (sorry about the large font) I understand. Perfect. I am and MBA student week one week left of school and I am writing my business plan for this company. Your answer helped me alot.

Customer:

Thanks!

ScottyMacEsq :

My pleasure! I do wish you the best of luck in your studies and in this idea, if it gets off the ground. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

Customer:

with on week left...typo but thanks.