TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

Well, I live in California. And, I am disabled. And it is

Customer Question

Well, I live in California. And, I am disabled.
And it is the same district court as Washington the federal court of 9th district. Plus here I can follow the case on line. I need alimony. He never sent me paper work to look over, and he never notified me of court date. The only time he notified me was after the day of the appeal would have been processed. I don't know what to do? I filed a complaint against him with the Bar.
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.
The court in which you file the lawsuit has to have jurisdiction over him. Even though you are in the same Federal Circuit as him, this does not mean that the court would have jurisdiction. In order to file in California against him, you would have to prove that he does business in California, rather than in Washington.

The only option you have would be to file the suit in Washington against him.