Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
18539850

I am representing myself in a case. The Court Orders a "Proposed

I am representing myself in a case. The Court Orders a "Proposed voir dire and two sets of Jury instructions, one set with authorities in support thereof, and one set without authorities.

Is the proposed voir dire a set of questions I should ask the perspective juror?

What does one set with authorities mean?

Voir dire is a Latin phrase that refers to the process of jury selection. So yes, you are correct in your statement that the court has ordered you to prepare a list of questions that you would want to be asked of the prospective jurors. As to this, you should think about the issues within your case and what questions you might ask to help determine how the jurors might look at those issues.

.

As to the issue of authorities, this would refer to any law in support of your instructions. This might include any standard instructions you might find, any case law or any statutory law.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will I have to pay another $60.00 to ask another question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Am I required to provide the Defense with copies of my Jury Instructions and Voir Dire questions?
Yes. Anything you file with the court, you would also provide a copy of to the opposing party at the same time..I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. .If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied..Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line..Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the answer to my question about providing copies of instructions to the defense? I hope this is not counted as a Question I have to pay for.

I just answered that question.