xavierjd
xavierjd, Attorney
Experience:  20+ yrs in criminal, landlord/tenant, family, & small claims
14261217

I am getting married in calcasieu parish louisiana. What is

I am getting married in calcasieu parish louisiana. What is the current law on the license? I work offshore we are getting married next friday. do both parties have to be present to apply for the license?
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com It will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I want to review a few things and I will be back asap with an answer.

Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you

Louisiana law requires that only one party (bride or groom) be present to obtain a marriage license. HOWEVER, the person who applies for the license MUST possess all of the information necessary for both parties. Usually a 3 day waiting period is required, but it may be waived at the Judge's office.

In Calcasieu Parish, marriage Licenses are processed in the Criminal Records Department of the Clerk of the Court. For further information you can contact the Criminal Records Department(NNN) NNN-NNNNext 133.

However, below please find a link to the information necessary for obtaining a marriage license in Cal There is also a link to an on-line application.

http://www.calclerkofcourt.com/dept.asp?cid=79

Please be advised that a marriage license may be obtained in any parish but the parties must be married in Louisiana. Marriage Licenses are good for 30 days.

I hope you find this information useful.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you for your business!

Xavierjd

Many customers have asked how they can specifically direct a question to me in the future. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "xavierjd” in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

***Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace the advice or assistance of an attorney licensed to practice law in your state. If you need any more information, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you people were telling me that both had to be there

You are welcome. I provided you the telephone number for the Records Bureau of Calcasieu Parish. You can call tomorrow morning to confirm.

Good luck,

Thank you for your business!

Xavierjd

Thank you so much for the "good service" rating! It is greatly appreciated and I am glad that you found the information useful.

If you have future questions, you can specifically request me by name as the expert.

Thanks again,

xavierjd