TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

what are the requirements for a designation of evidence in

what are the requirements for a designation of evidence in federal court? what must be included?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I'm familiar with the Federal Rules, but I am unclear what you mean by "designation of evidence." Can you clarify? Do you mean the Rule 26 disclosures?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, no, just as an attachment to an opposition to motion for summary judgment. Essentially, I'm listing out the exhibits I'm using and attaching them thereto. I didn't know how specific I needed to be in describing the exhibits in the designation of evidence?

Hi again.

Thank you for clarifying. I now understand. You do not have to be too specific. The documents should speak for themselves as to their content. Accordingly, you really just need the name of the document and other obvious identifying features, such as date. For example, if you have an affidavit, then you may write:

1. Affidavit of XXXXX XXXXX dated January 1, 2013 in support of Plaintiff's First Amended Complaint.

Something along those lines should be sufficient.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

perfect, thank you