LegalEagle1, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.

I am responding to a motion in superior court in mass. Can

I am responding to a motion in superior court in mass. Can I reference the Movant's exhibits and if so what is the proper way to do it?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

Yes you can refer to exhibits.

You can refer to them in anyway that makes it clear to what you are referring. Typically this done in the following format.

Let's assume that the Plaintiff has filed an affidavit with exhibits attached and has captioned the pleading as "Plaintiff's John Doe's Affidavit." You could refer the exhibits by their number/letter.
So you would refer to in a sentence as in "Exhibit A of Plaintiff's John Doe's Affidavit." Or if you are just citing to a document you can use the format "Plaintiff's John Doe's Affidavit - Exhibit A". If they exhibit consists of multiple pages you can reference the page number to make it easier to find.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.