Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
18539850

i am going through a divorce, i met someone we r seeing

i am going through a divorce, i met someone we r seeing each other can i lose my son because i am seeing someone while going through my divorce in iowa

When a judge makes a custodial evaluation, they will examine many factors. These factors would include which parent has the closer bond to the child, the amount of child rearing activities handled by the parents while they resided together as a family and the home environment provided by each parent, amongst other things. Merely dating another person while the divorce is pending will not cause a parent to lose custody.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.