Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

i live in MN, i have two winter beater cars, one truck and

i live in MN, i have two winter beater cars, one truck and a staurn, (only had for 3 mouths) i have insured on the truck, but not the saturn.

i was take the satrun, and a guy went throw a RED light( he got a ticket for it) i hit him becouse of that.

the problem is the satrun i was driving at the time Does not have insured, i junk the car, can i just leave it and take the loss, i dont want this on my record.

i got a letter from his insured, asking me what happen. i did not tell mine yet.

anythink i can do.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

That is a good question. When did this occur? Have you contacted the other party as yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

monday, 22,

no, i told him i had insured, and that was it, today i got a letter from his issured asking me to call them telling that what happen. i did not do that, or tell mine yet.

Thank you for your follow-up. I appreciate the clarification.

This is a bit of a complicated situation. Since you never insured your vehicle, your insurance company would be completely within their rights to refuse to cover your losses. They are only responsible for specific vehicle listed, or potentially if you are driving a third party vehicle that is already properly insured. In addition if the other party finds out that you are not insured, they can contact the police department and have them ticket you also for driving without insurance. Consequently it may be wise to contact the other party directly, and offer that party to cover your costs and losses from the car. You can also potentially take that individual to small claims court to cover your losses, but I very much doubt that your insurance company will end up helping you in this situation.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are you saying to call the guy, and what ask him to drop my name, and i take the loss, or answer his insure company letter.

sould i call my insure company, and see what i should do. two

Thank you for your follow-up.

My apologies but I am not your attorney and I really cannot tell you what to do. All I can say is that if you contact your insurance company, or admit to him that you had no insurance, you may end up opening yourself up to potential tickets. It may be wise to contact this person directly first and try to work out or negotiate some manner of having him pay for your losses without getting the insurance companies involved.

Good luck.