TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

I need to know if the medical provider lien law pursuant under

I need to know if the medical provider lien law pursuant under Title 44 Code of Laws of SC, chapter 127, the "South Carolina Health Care Lien Act" used to perfect medical liens on my patient's treatment bills sent to the insurance company responsible for my patient's injuries. Is this act above legally in effect and signed by the govenor and a legally enforceable law for me to use. I sent several liens to a State farm adjustor and he breached my liens pursuant under this Act and said he couldn't find the law anywhere so it must not be in effect and enforceable.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

No, I'm sorry to say that I do not see any indication that the South Carolina Health Care Lien Act was passed or that it is currently the law. I do not see a Chapter 127 in Title 44, nor could I find even one instance of it being referenced in a South Carolina case. I wish that I had better news, but it appears that the adjuster is correct.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On my last question William B. esquire found the bill at:

htpp:// 1999-2000/bills/4028.htm does this help any, Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Hi again.

Yes, I see the bill, but I do not see any indication that it was ever passed and made law.

In fact, if you look at the history of the bill on the webpage that you referred me to, it states: "Introduced, read first time, referred to Committee."

By contrast, look at this bill:

It specifically states under the history section that it was "Unsigned, became law without signature of Governor." If the bill you're referring to were made into law, then it would state that on the page that you referenced.

Also, please see Title 44 of the South Carolina Code. You'll note that there is no Chapter 127:

I am truly sorry to give you this bad news, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for the research you did it was greatly appreciated. I really am puzzled at it too. That is why I asked the question! I will see if I can find out about the part where it was made law without govenors signature from some lawyer friend in town Monday. It really cost me some big bucks this week. But I'll keep on moving forward and try something else. Thank you for everything

Hi again.

You are quite welcome. Thank you for using our service!

But to clarify, I do not believe that the bill you're referring to was ever made into law with or without the governor's signature. My only point in bringing up the other bill was to show that if a bill becomes law, it will state that it has become law on the webpage.

I truly wish you luck in resolving this issue!