Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

How can i change the judge on my case? we have been in front

How can i change the judge on my case? we have been in front of him for ex-parte once. can i change him or its too late?
Dear JACUSTOMER - You would need to file a motion claiming judicial bias or conflict of interest. You can't just ask for a new judge because you don't like the decision or the personality of the judge. If you have a reasonable basis for bias or conflict then it is possible that the judge will recuse himself by virtue of the motion. If that doesn't work then you can appeal the decision to a higher court on the basis of the bias or the conflict of interest depending on the situation. This motion can be made at any time during the case when bias or conflict is discovered.