How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i change the judge on my case? we have been in front

This answer was rated:

How can i change the judge on my case? we have been in front of him for ex-parte once. can i change him or its too late?
Dear JACUSTOMER - You would need to file a motion claiming judicial bias or conflict of interest. You can't just ask for a new judge because you don't like the decision or the personality of the judge. If you have a reasonable basis for bias or conflict then it is possible that the judge will recuse himself by virtue of the motion. If that doesn't work then you can appeal the decision to a higher court on the basis of the bias or the conflict of interest depending on the situation. This motion can be made at any time during the case when bias or conflict is discovered.
Dave Kennett and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you