Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

the other day some guy cut me off and brake checked me. i

the other day some guy cut me off and brake checked me. i did it back to him. it was not right of me. later that day police have been following it me it seems. they were at my work and followed me on the interstate. when i got home there were at my house. seems like they are investigating me. are they building a case against me? what should i do. if asked i plan on telling the truth but how should i prepare
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.

Thanks for your question. So you are concerne that the police are following you because of that incident? Have there been any conversation with the police about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no conversations. just seems like they are investigating me. i cut him off near a intersection and i believe there might be cameras there.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you.

I suggest you do not have to talk to anyone about the incident. I am not sure if they are following you or not. But do your best not to break any traffic laws, just in case they are following you to see how you drive.

In the meantime, go about your business and you do not have to talk to the police without an attorney present

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back asI am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how easy is it for the police to obtain the traffic camera footage? it was aggressive. i am not a road rage person but i acted out poorly due to stress of recent divorce. i have been convicted of assault 3 times before 2004. i have been violence free since then and feel i have been treated unjustly in the past do to the fact that my name is XXXXX XXXXX is an arab name. i live in vermont you would be supprised. although i am catholic. people have called me a sandni**er. anyway. how easy is it for them to get the camera footage? and would my past offenses be taken into consideration. thank you for your time.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for this information.

Many times, cameras that are on the highway don't even work. But to answer your question, it would be readily available an for the police to review a tape.

Your past history should not be taken into consideration.

Did you say this happened in California or Vermont?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Vermont

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you

Ok. So here's how I think it may be progressing. If the other driver told the police you were aggressive or cut them off, then the police will not just take that driver's word for it. So it is possible they took your tag number and they are now observing you to be sure that you are not an aggressive driver or a nuisance to others on the road

At this time, I suggest you try to be a good and safe driver and after a week or so the police should stop their obervation.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.