Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

is it possible to date someone under the age of 18 with no

is it possible to date someone under the age of 18 with no kind of sexual contact

im 19 gonna be 20 in 2 days shes 14 gonna be 15 in about a month

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

There is nothing inherently illegal about having a platonic relationship with a minor. The only potential concern here (If there is sexual contact or intimacy) would be the parents of the minor who could lawfully limit access and contact between you both. But it would not be a crime, it would only turn potentially criminal if there is some sort of sexual activity or contact, or if after being informed to stay away you continue your contact and the parents file a restraining order against you.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

also i forgot to mention she is also in some sort of foster care she was adopted and is going back to the center on her birthday for some odd reason

im not sure if foster care is the correct word but she was adopted and has been with a few different families and shes going back to the center on her birthday

does this have any affect on what you just told me or does it stay the same?

Thank you for your follow-up, Ruben. I will be happy to clarify.

To answer directly, it makes no difference to my answer. If there are no parents in place, then guardians could potentially make the call on whether or not to allow her to see you, but so long as there is nothing sexual taking place, such interaction is not against the law.

Good luck.