Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

hi have a question regarding a legal notice that i received

Customer Question

hi have a question regarding a legal notice that i received by mail it say recording class action c-o gilard & co llc and its saying if you like to claim it fill this box and return it to our address to send you the form and they have a website when i checked it, it says (Pepper v. Midland Credit Management Settlement), so i would like to know what is this for. thanks
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 years ago.

JD 1992 :

That collection agency was contacting people and recording calls without telling them they were doing so and they got sued over it.

JD 1992 :

If you return the form you can get debt forgiveness up to a certain point and possibly some extra cash at some point.

JD 1992 :

Unless you intend to sue them yourself in an individual lawsuit then there is really no reason not to send it back and it may mean some extra money.

JD 1992 :

The website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. I will be online most of the day but it may take a little while for me to answer if I am assisting others.

JACUSTOMER-7yb5lvdd- :

so its not something i should worry about or if i dont want to do anything about it would it be a problem

JD 1992 :

No, you don't have to worry about it and you don't have to do anything about it if you don't want to.

JACUSTOMER-7yb5lvdd- :

if i have a bad credit would they ever take me to court or it just be a bad credit on my credit report

JD 1992 :

They could take you to court. They don't usually butthey could.

JACUSTOMER-7yb5lvdd- :

can they put me i jail for my bad credit

JD 1992 :

No. You can't go to jail for bad credit.

JACUSTOMER-7yb5lvdd- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-7yb5lvdd- :

thanks a lot u made me feel better i was worried, because i do have bad credit

JD 1992 :

You won't go to jail.

JACUSTOMER-7yb5lvdd- :

thanks again

JACUSTOMER-7yb5lvdd- :

bye

JD 1992 :

You're welcome, best wishes to you.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread. When all of your questions have been answered, then I would ask that you give a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) since that is the only way I get credit for my work and also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. When looking at the answer I ask you to bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information. Also, issuing a positive rating keeps the question from “timing out” so you can return in the future if you think of a follow up.

However, please do not issue a rating of any kind until all of your questions have been answered and please use the Reply button to ask additional questions or to provide answers to my questions.