Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

In a parking lot at a casino in Ohio. Driving in marked lanes

In a parking lot at a casino in Ohio. Driving in marked lanes and my husband hit sun glare and there was a hardened pile of un coned asphalt. He hit the left side of the mound doing over $3000 worth of damage to my vehicle. There was no alcohol involved. I have dinner receipt with time stamp to prove....Is the Casino liable for the damages done to my car?
Thank you kindly!
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Whether or not the casino is liable would depend on whether the asphalt was concealed or open and obvious. If the asphalt was out in the open and not concealed, it would be tough for you to saddle the casino with liability.

This is especially true if your husband was blinded by the sun and hit the pour - that would not be something the casino would be liable for.

You could still claim that the casino was partially liable for not roping off or putting out cones, but you would have to prove that had the cones been there, the accident would not have occurred - which is t likely.