Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Tonight I Went to office max and got the employee to type me

Tonight I Went to office max and got the employee to type me a quick and short Business flyer... When I got to the register I Paid the amount due But the employee stated that she was going to have to add computer time to my purchase, i was not understanding her... Then she stated to me that Computer use was $1.10 per minute. Which was $30.00 and some change. I told her how was that possible and that no one never said anything about a price or else i would have typed it myself besides there were no flyers or banners posted anywhere stating the amount of computer use time. i Exchanged words with the supervisor about it but he didnt help. What would this matter be called?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If the store did not inform you of the terms of your contractual agreement with them (even an oral contract) then there is no meeting of the minds regarding the arrangement and it is a breach of contract as the contract is void based on lack of your consent to pay for the computer time as you were never informed. You would be entitled to sue in small claims court over this breach if you were never given any notice in advance regarding the charge for computer time on top of the charges for the printing of the flier.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Small Court claim will only return the $30.00 rite for the time? What about my stress?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tonight I Went to office max and got the employee to type me a quick and short Business flyer... When I got to the register I Paid the amount due But the employee stated that she was going to have to add computer time to my purchase, i was not understanding her... Then she stated to me that Computer use was $1.10 per minute. Which was $30.00 and some change. I told her how was that possible and that no one never said anything about a price or else i would have typed it myself besides there were no flyers or banners posted anywhere stating the amount of computer use time. i Exchanged words with the supervisor about it but he didnt help. What would this matter be called? Im Stressed Over It!

You will not be able to recover for your stress. Further, it will cost to file in small claims court for $30 and you might end up with a loss, even if you do win.

My suggestion is to take it up with the store and ask for a refund. If they won't budge, then it might be better to forget it lest you throw good money after bad.

I know thats probably not what you want to hear, but that is my best effort. I hope it helps.

DCG