Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If Ely is available, I request him please. Otherwise,

If Ely is available, I request him please.

Otherwise, please consult my previous questions/answers for a little background.

My question is in regard to Colorado Probate law and some Objections that I am preparing to file with the Court in connection with some Final Settlement requests and Motions that have been submitted by the other beneficiary (a common law wife) - re: our deceased son's estate and his common law wife.

As part of our objections, my husband and I (the only beneficiaries, other than the "wife") wish to offer the possibility that we would be willing to settle the dispute, prior to the hearing which is scheduled for May 21, 2013. Is there a "best way" to make such a settlement suggestion as part of our objection? Should we place a few lines at the beginning of the Objection? At the end? Or is the Judge going to ignore it saying it does not belong in the objection document?
Hello friend and thank you for requesting me. I hope that you are well.

As part of our objections, my husband and I (the only beneficiaries, other than the "wife") wish to offer the possibility that we would be willing to settle the dispute, prior to the hearing which is scheduled for May 21, 2013.

No. Nor is this normally done. The Court may have the two of you mediate, or, may ask if a compromise may be made in open Court. Or, the Court may just rule. However, either way, this is not normally done (i.e. the offer to mediate put into such an objection).

Should we place a few lines at the beginning of the Objection? At the end? Or is the Judge going to ignore it saying it does not belong in the objection document?

The Court is likely to ignore it. So either one objects, or they do not...

IMPORTANT: Please use REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces before submitting the rating, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups for free after rating. My ultimate goal is your complete satisfaction.