Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I have a male friend being stalked its his ex. One day when

I have a male friend being stalked it's his ex. One day when he was pulling out in his car she came up when he had his window down and tried to talk to him and when he started rolling his window up she put her hand in and started pulling his hair. He tried to pull away to lose her. She jumped in front of the car and got a few bruises from the window/car but not much. She called the police on him hitting her as a hit/run. This was a few days back, no witnesses that he knows of. But the cops are asking him to come in tomorrow and he thinks he'll be arrested. But she said she wouldn't press charges, so I'm hoping they'll listen to what he has to say from his end because he's ready to get a restraining order but hopes they don't believe her over him.

Of course she's been calling/texting him a lot, I'm sure he could get the records from the phone company. He finally picked up last night because he had it and she said she was going to kill herself. That's when he called me and told me all this since I'm trained in suicide prevention. She didn't say where she was, so there wasn't much he could do. He tried calling her brother she lives with but he wouldn't pick up.

She has a recent drug addiction, he's helped her try to get medical help but she won't ever follow through. He broke up with her finally after he couldn't take her being so possessive and not letting him see his friends and not getting any help like she always said she would.

Please give us some guidance. Thanks so much!
Hi

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.

Please tell me what information you need. In other words, what is the question?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Does he need a lawyer before he goes to the police tomorrow and do you think he'll get arrested (when there's not proof, since it's just their words against each other)?

Hi

Thank you

I suggest that he would not want to talk to the police without a local attorney present.

The police will use whatever he says against him in an effort to find some type of evidence for possible criminal charges. If they accumulate that evidence then they can charge him and yes, he could be arrested.

I suggest, he can, however, go to the clerk or the magistrate of the court and fill out a Petition for a Restraining Order to keep her away from him.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Thank you