N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

Which section of the CT Practice Book suggests that a Motion

Which section of the CT Practice Book suggests that a Motion to Strike is a legitimate pleading from the Defendant?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 3 years ago.
"In most civil cases the Defendant has up to 30 days after the Return Date to file an answer. The papers allowed in response to a lawsuit must be filed in a particular order. The papers and the order are as follows: Motion to Dismiss the complaint; Request to Revise the complaint; Motion to Strike the complaint; Defendant’s Answer.
The Court rules say that the filing of any paper on the list gives up (or waives) the right to file any other paper which comes before it on the list. The following is a description of each of these papers (or pleadings) and the order in which these papers must be filed.
Connecticut Practice Book sections 10-6 and 10-7 talk about the papers and their order."

I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for accepting my answer.