TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

California probate documents filed April 16th 2013 De 111 Petition

California probate documents filed April 16th 2013 De 111 Petition to administer estate I put the wrong date of death on this document would like to know what form to use and how to correct this with the court thank you
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

In order to correct the mistake, you must file a new DE-11, and then type (or even print) the word "Amended" before the word "Petition." You can get a copy of the DE-11 online here: CLICK HERE.

Once you file the new DE-11, the judge will see that it should replace the original DE-11.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you will this change my court date and case number ? will I be required to send out new notice of petition to those severed previously? Also our publication in the paper has run once will I need to run a new publication

Hi again.

No, the filing of the Amended DE-111 will not change the court date or case number. And no, you do not have to re-serve the parties of the death or re-run the publication in the paper.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for the information. Have a great evening.

You are quite welcome. Thank you for using our service!