Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Ely, I was arrested for violating a temp order of protection.

Ely,
I was arrested for violating a temp order of protection. I was clearly setup by stbx for falsifying a police report which was discovered AFTER I was processed in jail. I spent 24 hours in a cell and my case was dismissed by the DA the next day. I did not have to go before a judge and I received a DA dismissal letter.

My question is, will this incident speak volumes in my child custody case?
Hello friend and thank you for requesting me.

If you can demonstrate that the SBTX set this up (which may be hard to do), then this may work in your favor to generally impeach their credibility.

Even if you cannot demonstrate the set up, the fact that the case was dismissed means that the family court may give little credence to the matter, even though the burden of proof in civil court is lower than criminal court.

IMPORTANT: Please use REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces before submitting the rating, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups for free after rating. My ultimate goal is your complete satisfaction.