Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Had a cardioversion schduled for April 5th as I was lying on

Customer Question

Had a cardioversion schduled for April 5th as I was lying on the table , doctor called and said I had to reschedule, I demanded another doctor ..... Was able to get one complained to hospital administrator he wrote me back and said my doctor forgot although he had seen my brother an hour before when the nurse handed me the phone he said he was boarding a plane..... So today I got a copy of my surgical consent that day and says he was the performing doctor and he was not?????????
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

What is your specific question for us today? Did you suffer any actual harm from the procedure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm fine , I just can't believe a cardiologist can blow a patient off like he did because he would have missed a flight , although my paper work says he was the performing doctor ?
Thank you for your response.

Legally, if there are no damages, there is no suit you can file.

If the doctor did not give you proper care and did not show up for a procedure and did not send another doctor and you had to demand another one be used, then this is a complaint you can file with the state medical board for a ethics violation and generally these cases result in a reprimand for a first offense of abandoning a patient and falsifying a authorization if the doctor filled out the authorization and the hospital never filled out a new one for the new doctor to perform the procedure. However, these are all administrative violations and without any harm coming to you as a patient, the courts cannot entertain any legal action as a result of the conduct.

Thus, your sole recourse is a complaint to the medical board and to the hospital if he is on staff there.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You
Thank you