TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Hello, two years ago, I started to purchase a corvette from

Hello, two years ago, I started to purchase a corvette from my aunt. She was in the middle of a divorce and I was trying to help her out. We had agreed that once I had payed 2500.00 of the 10,000.00 owed, I could take the car. Between her and her father, I got the run around. I ended up paying them 1750.00 dollars towards the car with a paper trail. I refused to continue to pay her any more payments when she changed the story and said I couldn't take the car until it was paid for. I told her I wanted my money back, and she said piss off. What can I do to get the money back?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

In order to get the car back, you'll need to sue your aunt in small claims court and win a judgment. With a judgment, you can use various collection methods to obtain payment, such as garnishing her bank account, garnishing her wages, placing a lien on her real estate, etc.

In order to win the lawsuit against her, you will need to prove that your aunt breached the contract to purchase the car, or that you reasonably anticipated her breach. So, you will have to prove that you had a contract to purchase the car, and that one of the terms was that you were to be given use of the car when you paid $2500.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes that was very helpful. The other thing I forgot to mention tho was that I asked for a Written Contract between her and I, and She would never sign one, nor come up with one. I do however have a copy of every Check I've ever sent her. Would that be enough to win?

Thank you again, I appreciate your time.

Hi again.

Yes, the copies of checks would likely be enough to win. It corroborates your testimony that you had an oral contract which you partially performed. I doubt the judge would think that you gave your aunt $1750 as a gift, as that is a lot of money.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I'll get that started then Monday morning. Have a good day!

You are quite welcome. Thank you for using our service!