sorry , i needed to add this part . I added it last night but as an additional question (which you apparently didn't see )
Sorry , I forgot to mention the sales contract she signed has inaccurate mileage on the paperwork as well . it's advertised as having 71,511 or something but when checking the Autocheck vehicle report when the dealer purchased the vehicle the mileage on it was over 72,000 .
the paperwork says 76500 something but in actuality when we took possession it was over 79,000 .
Sorry I was up late and wound up staying up till 5:00 am hoping for your response that I didn't give you all the details of what is supposed to transpire today .
Stephanie has a new job which has a 3 strike policy in the first 90 days for termination .
due to a car repair and a single time we couldn't get a sitter she now has 2 strikes ( she will hit her 90 day period in about 2 weeks at which point she will go to a 5 strike system .
We need to have a car.
The salesman knows this which is why he behaved as he did yesterday .
Stephanie dropped off the car but due to his pressuring her and her fear of repurcussions to her credit rating ( she is the only one who signed the contract ) She agreed to take the car back but I had to call Art over the phone after a discussion I had with him about these charges which we were not told at that time how much it would be .
I had told him during the first conversation I was not opposed to a detailing fee of $100 dollars but he was stating it would be more but was unsure how much . Stephanie needed to get to work and was being refused our money back until an assessment had been made as to what the charge would be by the General Manager .
during our conversation I explained to Art ( the salesman) that should he choose to try to charge an exorbitant amount we would pay it and once I returned I would take this issue to small claims court .
Once I said this to him ( I said It would happen once these charges were determined) . He immediately became aggressive and said dealership policy was to stop talking at that point and let his GM handle this .
I asked a Stephanie to call the police , she didn't want to so as she was soon to be running late for work and was with another person we contracted to drive her to work . ( with the expectation I would be returning home saturday to go to Carmax).
Art told her that he would not speak with me anymore as I was not on t
he loan .
After leaving Stephanie didn't want to fight over this and she is put in the middle . I agreed to let her go back today to get the car but had to speak to Art in order to say I was onboard with this .
She is simply afraid of losing her job which has been used against her .
during my phone conversation with Art I stated I was not happy with any happy with all of this and he told me I had to be as the lender ( Exeter Finance . ) would be calling me after the sale of the car when I eventually get there ( he is under the impression it will be mid week next week ) and I must tell them everything is wonderful or the loan won't be approved .
I told him what he wanted to hear so that Stephanie could just get something for work as our opportunity to get a car at the other dealership would now not happen because of these delays .
She is to get the car .
Something you're not aware of is that back in september of 2012 we had a similar situation with the same dealer while she was pregnant and they allowed her to drive the car under a borrowers agreement for 2 weeks and based on the insurance rates for that vehicle/d/down payment problem ( more than the car payment ) we declined to purchase it .
We were not charged anything that time . he understood which is why we returned there to buy this vehicle from them this time .
part of my problem here with this vehicle is that it's been at the dealer for 11 months since purchase. this is an unusually long time to have a car and given it's history and pricing issues I simply don't want to get involved with it .
I don't understand how when we went there in good faith twice to purchase a car and the first time we declined for good reason and were not charged that now , after this second time and for absolutely clear reasons which I have expressed many times to him that we are to be billed for this .
it's my understanding that the loan will be cancelled if I do not agree to the it in which case the dealer's only option is to demand the car back and return our full deposit .
do I have this wrong ?