Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Hello again Paul. Question regarding code enforcement or zoning.

Hello again Paul. Question regarding code enforcement or zoning. Not sure. As I may have relayed to you in the past, I own 3 businesses. One in Baltimore; one in Delaware & one in Center City, Philadelphia. As such, I have a Den in my home that I work in at night to handle all three. However, lately I have grown out of space in the home for handling my "homework". :-) We had a large pool house built in the rear yard and this weekend I am converting 50% of that into my new home office. My wife and 2 sons are going to begin working for me there helping to take some of the load off of me. However, no outside employees will work there and NO customers will EVER visit me there. Since allwe will be doing there is overseeing my off property businesses, do you see any potential for any code violation whatsoever? I ask this because of the idiot to my rear as I could see him filing a complaint. Yet again, the only ones who will work out there are my family all of whom live there. Please advise. Thanks Paul
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I sent Paul this question also.

Thank you for your patience,

Wendy
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am sorry for the delay in responding as I have been out of town working for a client.

If you are using the pool house as a home office without any customers coming there or without any increase in neighborhood traffic to your property, there is no violation of any codes and also no violation of any type since you are not doing any open commercial business in the space.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking or you would like more information or you want to supply me with additional information to help you, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered using REPLY to EXPERT.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching your answer or working with other customers or I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law