WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
16356563

Can I go to law school, and later on, become a lawyer if I

Can I go to law school, and later on, become a lawyer if I get married to my girlfriend before, but apply for adjustment of status, after my visa expires? What are thw consequenses of a deffered judgment on my chances to get into law school?

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETLAW :

In terms of law school admission and being allowed to practice law, as long as you are not convicted of a felony, or misdemeanor, you should have no major issues,

WALLSTREETLAW :

Your immigrations issues would not be a factor, as long as you are approved for a greencard.

WALLSTREETLAW :

A criminal deferred judgment will be an issue, and you would have to explain the matter to the bar admission committee, however since it is not a conviction of a crime it should not bar you from practicing law.

Customer: I got a deffered judgmet for selling alcohol to a minor, and after 04/17/2014 I can apply to seal my case. In a meantime I have a plan to try to volunteer in a law firm and apply to law school. Will I experience problems because my case is not sealed?
WALLSTREETLAW :

No, that alone will not hurt you from admission,

WALLSTREETLAW :

however even if sealed, after Law School, and when you apply for admission,

WALLSTREETLAW :

you will still have to mention the criminal matter, and in most cases, it would not hurt your admission into the bar.

WALLSTREETLAW :

It will not hurt you in your admission to a Law School, it is not a criminal conviction

WALLSTREETLAW :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

WALLSTREETLAW :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback.

Customer: Ok, and a fact that iI applied for.adjust
WALLSTREETLAW :

The immigration matter will not be a factor,