LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
7887522

PHONE NUMBER FOR OMBUDSMAN GROUP CIVISTA MDEICAL HOSPITAL

PHONE NUMBER FOR OMBUDSMAN GROUP CIVISTA MDEICAL HOSPITAL WILL NOT RELEASE MY MEDICAL RECORDS TO ME. THEY ARE MAKING ME PROBABLY GET AN ATTORNEY TO RELEASE THEM.  also, i was abused by two techs. by shoving me and i can't even stand plus in the er I was unconscious but knew they were hurting me and shoved me down and think they tore a rotar cuff tear in my left should.  was transferred to XXXXX XXXXX bethesda hospital.  all the hospitalizations were due to over medication and the last incident could have killed alot of people.  i blanked out and crossed a 5 lane highway and drifted into a permanently closed bank and was found 3 hours later slumped over the steering wheel.  all due to overmedication.

LADYLAWYER : Hello,
LADYLAWYER : Extremely sorry to hear about what has happened here.
LADYLAWYER : So you have signed a Release for the medical records and they are outright refusing to give them to you?
LADYLAWYER : It appears you are currently typing a response to me. I can tell you that Section 4-303 of the Maryland Health-General Article addresses medical records disclosures upon the authorization of a person in interest, which includes the patient to whom the record pertains. This section requires a health care provider to disclose a medical record on the authorization of a person in interest, subject to conditions stated in that section. See Warner, 348 Md. at 738, 705 A.2d at 1172. If the hospital is not disclosing your records to you upon you making the proper request, then they are breaking the law and can be fined or otherwise penalized.
LADYLAWYER : Here is the actual regulation/law that you can show them: http://dhmh.maryland.gov/bswe/Docs/Regs/General/4-303.pdf
LADYLAWYER : If they still won't release your records, you need to either hire an attorney, file a complaint with The Office of Health Care Quality (OHCQ) in the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH), file a complaint with the MD Attorney General and also file a HIPAA Complaint sight eh OCR. You can file the HIPAA complaint right online, here: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/index.html
LADYLAWYER : You can find health car attorneys or personal injury attorneys here: www.martindale.com. Sounds like you need to talk to one anyway and possibly file a lawsuit based on the abuse and the injuries you received in the hospital.
LADYLAWYER : sorry, theat should say "health care attorneys"
LADYLAWYER : You can contact the MD Office of Health Care Quality here: http://dhmh.maryland.gov/SitePages/Contact%20Us.aspx.
LADYLAWYER : You can file a complaint with the MD Attorney General here: http://www.oag.state.md.us/Consumer/complaint.htm
LADYLAWYER : Lastly, you asked for the MD Ombudsman's number. That person is Edward Modell, Telephone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN E-mail:[email protected]
LADYLAWYER : I am not sure if you are currently online or not. As such, I do need to step out and help other, waiting customers. If you have any further questions, please just leave them for me and I will answer them as soon as I am able. If not, would you kindly consider a positive service rating for me at this time? It costs you nothing further to do but it is the only way the site will pay me for my time. Thanks!
Customer:

yes just hang up on me. handicapped and they can give you amount and then i can go get them. brandy in medical records said"can't help you" and hung up. all the problems i have had are due to black outs and no one caught it till i drove across 5 lanes of highway and rolled into a bank and was found 3 hours later. they think this has all been due to psychiatry which i have been telling my doctor since august 1212 it was medicine. i still am having trouble with typing and remembering the year. patient advocate maurine jenkins still has not called me. should i hire an attorney. i am severly handicapped due to a hospital and doctor and one attorney didn't take the time to read 3 feet of records so i am confused about everything. they are refusing to answer the phone. what is wrong with them.

LADYLAWYER : Can you see all my previous answers to you and all the information for the agencies I provided? If so, this is who you need to contact. The hospital IS allowed to charge you a copying fee and ask you or someone you designate to come pick up the records. So you may have to sign a release for a third party to go pick them up and also pay a copying fee.
LADYLAWYER : The hospital does not have to provide copies of the records for free or send them to you in the mail. But like I said, you can sign a release for someone else to go pay and pick them up for you.
LADYLAWYER : Otherwise, you should contact all the agencies based on the information I gave you. You should definitely contact a personal injury attorney in order to talk about suing for the abuse and the over medication.
LADYLAWYER : If you have any further questions, please just leave them for me and I will answer them as soon as I am able. If not, would you kindly consider a positive service rating for me at this time? It costs you nothing further to do but it is the only way the site will pay me for my time. Thanks!
Hi Melanie,

If you have any further questions, please just leave them for me and I will answer them as soon as I am able. If not, would you kindly consider a positive service rating for me at this time? It costs you nothing further to do but it is the only way the site will pay me for my time. Thanks!