N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

I am wrting in regards XXXXX XXXXX 2011 Residence Park Model I bought

I am wrting in regards XXXXX XXXXX 2011 Residence Park Model I bought March2012.Was a new one never used, I bought an Insurance Policy Seperately ,Insurance company added the exclusion claus of animal damage on collision, not on comprehensive coverage.Reason for buying the policy was not for towing as it is parked in a Campground.Over the winter animals got into it and destroyed the interior. Now the Insurance company said they will not cover the damage.Went to dealer and they said these campers are built so this doesn't happen,but we presented them with pictures from the adjuster and showed where they got into the camper
I am sorry to hear this.

An exclusion for animal damage from the collision coverage does not automatically exclude such damage under the comprehensive coverage, and I suspect the insurer may be acting in bad faith by relying on an exclusion that does not clearly, conspicuously and unambiguously exclude animal damage from the comprehensive coverage.

You need a local attorney to read the policy and advise you as to whether the exclusion applies to both coverages. Any ambiguity in the policy will be resolved in favor of coverage. A reasonable consumer expects that "comprehensive" means exactly that. If a meteor or an elephant hits the vehicle, it should be covered under the comprehensive coverage, no matter how unlikely such an event may be.

You can get a free consultation from some of the insurance attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney who can give you a solid opinion on whether the incident is covered by the policy, and advise you on how to proceed.

I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for accepting my answer.