BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
13790199

My employee revealed to over 200 employees the details of my

My employee revealed to over 200 employees the details of my transition from female to male; including therapy, surgery and hormones. They also had an open discussion about whether or not they believed I had genital reconstruction surgery. I am in the middle of the investigation and I've been asked what I'm seeking...along with education and accountability I am seeking money...what is a reasonable amount? as I have never sued or put a dollar amount on my privacy

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. I'm sorry to hear about the disclosure of your personal information.

BizAttorney :

In order to determine what to sue for, you need to figure out how you are being damaged. Then you affix a price onto that damage.

Customer:

Well, my hr department held a meeting which revealed the information then told everyone to feel free to ask me questions. So far, I have taken time off from work to avoid invasive questions and am in therapy. Considering quitting my job due to how uncomfortable the environment is.

BizAttorney :

I see, then you would ask for your salary times as many years as you can get.

Customer:

Oh...ok...thanks for your time

BizAttorney :

You are welcome and good luck!

BizAttorney :

Have a good night and please leave me feedback so that I can continue to help others.

Customer:

Thanks and will do. have a good night

BizAttorney :

Good night!