RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

You replied Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:30 PM EST ok,

You replied

Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:30 PM EST

ok, got that, so what can I expect next:??? will my family be thrown out in the street like in the movies after the 3 days or is it a process. 30,60,90days, court hearing's if any, or can i buy sometime to move out since this has clearly gone south, and she will keep the deposit.

-are we within our right to film/video(cell,other) a walk through with the landlord to confirm that we agree// or disagree on condition of how the home was left.
Thank you for your follow-up.

It's normally a pretty fast process. After the 3 day notice, if you don't correct the issue or move out, then the landlord would have to file an eviction complaint (a lawsuit) against you. The law gives you 5 days to respond to the lawsuit, and a judge will hear the case in about 20 days after that. If the landlord is successful in their claim, the judge will issue an order called a writ of possession, which gives the tenant 5 days from the date of the writ to leave. If after that, you remain, the landlord can get the sheriff's office to put you out. A good overview of the eviction process can be found here.

Yes, you can film/videotape the walkthrough. I would also recommend taking pictures of the unit prior to the walkthrough.