Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Fwd from my son I need some legal advice, Ive been trying

Customer Question

Fwd from my son
I need some legal advice, I've been trying to get a job and it was suggested that my background might be " stained" or I might still have a warent out on me. I've been arrested 3 times, once for robbery and twice for possession of marijuana. The robbery I took a plee and the first weed charge I paid. The second charge I lied to the police about my information and they fingere printed me and released me. I never went to court for that charge. Do you think you can give me some advice?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for these facts

If you never showed up for court, then there is more than likely a bench warrant for your arrest.

I would suggest you can check with the local sheriff to see about that bench warrant which would be issued for a failure to appear. They will give you or someone that information. You would then have to make arrangements to "surrender" to that warrant. It means there would be a no bond hold until you see a judge once you turn yourself in. That is because the court will not issue a bond for a Fail to Appear as you have already shown that you cannot be held accountable on your own in that regard.

I am sorry that there is no easy fix for this matter. But you must take care of it, if you want to proceed. Warrants live forever until they are recalled or served

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask. I look forward to a follow up or your Good to Excellent rating.

Thank you and good luck
Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was almost 20 years ago, I have a family now with 2 girls now, I can't abandon them by getting arrested, I'm trying to get a job and I've been out of work for 2 years. Now I stand the risk of getting arrested and thrown in jail for years.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

If it has been that long ago, then changes are the court would quash/recall the warrant

However, to avoid risk of being jailed even for a short amount of time, you must contact a local attorney where that court date was and have them file a Motion to Quash the Warrant. That way you have local legal representation to help assist with keeping you out of being arrested on this matter and from jail.

Only a local attorney can assist you with this matter

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

You're welcome and good luck with this.