Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney

I live in minnesota my daughter baby sits for a couple. They

Customer Question

I live in minnesota my daughter baby sits for a couple. They placed a camera with the video running viewing the main part of the house she is a minor is this legal?
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 3 years ago.

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

This is a common issue, it is allowed for a videotape of the home, as it is private property, and the homeowners can do this, however, if they put the tape in the bathrooms or private areas, that could be a violation of your daughters privacy, and could even be criminal if a camera was placed in bathroom.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Made sense I wasn't sure about minors

If they took the videos and and picture stills and spread them around the town or the internet with the children and the parents permission that could be a privacy issue, but not a camera at the home.
Good luck, and if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback.