Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

We purchased farm equipment in the state of Ohio from an individual

Customer Question

We purchased farm equipment in the state of Ohio from an individual who signed a sales contract with provision that he would deliver it FOB to Lemitar, New Mexico. To date we have not received all of our purchase which consisted of a 3x4 big baler w/ accumulater and a computer that is crucial. Equipment is useless without this unit. Please let us know if you can help us.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Can you please let me know what is your legal question for me?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I want to sue this individual for Breach of Contract. He has lied to us repeatedly about delivery dates. Purchase total $67,000.00 I would like to sue him for $75000.00 - for attorney fees, travel expenses, etc.
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your follow up.

Can you please let me know if you have a legal question for me or if you are looking for sources to find a local attorney to evaluate your case for potential lawsuit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I want to know if I have to get an attorney in the county in which this guy lives in Ohio and if so, I need some sort of referral help, so I don't get taken again.
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your follow up.

You would have to sue this seller in either in the state of Ohio where the contract was entered into or in the local court where the seller resides or the seller's company is registered in, if the seller of this farm equipment is a company.

You can find an experienced and established local Ohio business litigation attorney by using these well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

www.martindale.com
www.justia.com
www.lexmundi.com
www.lawyers.com

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Dear Chris,

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?