CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

My first legal experience: this month 04/13, my monthly rent

Customer Question

My first legal experience: this month 04/13, my monthly rent $1,255.00. I received
a letter from the office of our landlord stating I have to vacate or pay within 3 days
my rent. Unfortunateley also a first time my ck bounced now they're adding $100.00
more. Letter was received on Monday the 12 of April, I was too sick to take care of it the next day so I took care of it on Wednesday to the Management office with the help of my
friend because I can't walk and am still coughing bad. The ck of $1355.00 was refused
and they asked me to call another person. This other person told me to talk to their paralegal tomorrow 04/18/13. I received a Court Summon, I am retired and don't have
anything. Please help me sir.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 years ago.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. I am very sorry to learn of this 3 day notice. Unfortunately, it appears that your landlord has decided to initiate eviction proceedings against you. While I do not see any defenses from the information you have provided in your post (a failure to pay rent is grounds to provide a 3 day notice and initiate an unlawful detainer), there may be others available to you. I am going to give you a link to the California Department of Consumer Affairs website regarding these actions as it has a lot of information on how to defend yourself in an action like this and explains the procedure. http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/evictions.shtml

I hope this is helpful, if you have questions about this or more specific questions regarding the process please let me know I will be more than happy to help. Best regards, Bill.