LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
7887522

Skechers has a class action settlement for their Skechers line

Skechers has a class action settlement for their Skechers line of shape-ups. I am filling out my claim form but need clarification of shoe description. There are 4 categories on the form. What is a podded sole shoes vs non-podded sole? Also does the suit include shape-up sandles? These have the same sole as the sneakers. I have several pairs of the sneakers, sandles, and also a pair of tone-up sneakers. Thanks.

LADYLAWYER :

Hello, Thanks for choosing Justanswer.com! I look forward to helping you with legal information today. Is this the case of Grabowski v. Skechers U.S.A., Inc., No. 3:12-cv-00204 (W.D. Ky.)?

Customer:

I believe so

LADYLAWYER :

Hi, okay thanks.

LADYLAWYER :

With regard to what shoes qualify, “Eligible Shoes” means the Skechers’ footwear in the following toning footwear lines: Shape-ups rocker bottom shoes (“Shape-ups”), the Resistance Runner rocker bottom shoes (“Resistance Runner”), Shape-ups Toners/Trainers, and Tone-ups with podded outsoles (“Podded Sole Shoes”) and Tone-ups non-podded sandals, boots, clogs, trainers (“Tone-ups (Non-Podded Sole)”) purchased as new by Class Members from August 1, 2008, until and including August 13, 2012.

Customer:

What is a podded shoe?

LADYLAWYER :

It is the type of sole the show has.

LADYLAWYER :

shoe, sorry

LADYLAWYER :

The sole looks like it has little pods on them.

LADYLAWYER :

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE]width: 275px; height: 183px; margin-top: 0px; margin-left: 0px;[/STYLE][/IMAGE]

LADYLAWYER :

That image did not come through. Here is a picture of a podded sole:

LADYLAWYER :

Notice the yellow pods on the bottom.

LADYLAWYER :

And this would be a non-podded sole:

Customer:

OK, thanks. Not what I thought pods were, but good for me because I have sandles too. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX my question.

LADYLAWYER :

Awesome. Hope you didn't get injured because of them though!

LADYLAWYER :

If you have any more questions, I am happy to answer them! If not, I see you are a valued customer here and I want to thank you for your business! I hope I have provided you with excellent service today.

Customer:

Thanks...no injuries, but I love these shoes. I'm on my feet all day and these are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned, which is why I own so many. Getting paid for wearing them is even better!!