LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts

what constitutes ASSAULT IN BALTIMORE, MD.

i have a question as to what constitutes ASSAULT, specifically in baltimore, maryand,,,,, here are the details,,,,,, last month my wife was fired from her job of 24 years by new owners of the company for no reason other than they just didnt want her there anymore,,,,, when i went to pick her up from her job, she was CRYING AND IN SHOCK,,,,,IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT, I JUST LOST IT ,,,,,, i told the new owners, in front of others, that if i ever see them outside their building that i would " kill them " for what they did to her,,,, I DID NOT TOUCH ANYBODY,,,,, I DID NOTHING TO ANY PROPERTY OR THE PREMISIS ITSELF, I WAS JUST SO ANGRY FOR WHAT THEY DID TO MY WIFE THAT I VERBALLY LASHED OUT AT THEM,,,,NOW, i am not a violent person, i have no record or anything,,,,, even my wife's former co-workers told the new owners that we are not violent people and that they have nothing to worry about, that i was just upset, as any husband would be, and that is why i lashed out the way i did,,,, since that happened, my wife and i have had nothing to do with her old place of employment,,,,,, now, my wife and i are contemplating legal action against that company for various discrimatory practices for which they let my wife go,,,,, THE ISSSUE IS - MY WIFE IS CONCERNED THAT IF WE TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THAT COMPANY FOR FIRING HER, THAT THE OWNERS CAN COME BACK NOW AND SAY THAT I THREATENED THEM AND TRY TO HAVE ME ARRESTED,,,,, I TOLD MY WIFE THAT WITH CRIME SO RAMPANT IN BALTIMORE CITY THAT THE POLICE AND PROSECUTORS WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER ARRESTING ME, A MIDDLE AGED LAW ABIDING CITIZEN WHO WAS ONLY DEFENDING HIS WIFE,,,, AND THAT WITH IT HAPPENING A MONTH AGO, AND WITH EVERYTHING HAVING SETTLED DOWN NOW, THAT WE HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT,,,,,,,,,,,MY QUESTION IS - DO I HAVE ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT?

EDIT - HOW MUCH LONGER DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY REPLY?

Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 1 year ago.

LADYLAWYER :

Hello, Thanks for choosing Justanswer.com! I look forward to helping you with legal information today.

Customer:

hi there

LADYLAWYER :

Well good evening! I am happy to answer this for you! An assault conviction in Maryland can result in either a misdemeanor or felony, as described in Subtitle 2 of Title 3 in the Maryland criminal code.

Customer:

ok, go on

LADYLAWYER :

Maryland state code ß 3-202 defines first-degree assault as causing serious physical injury to another person. To clarify, state code ß 3-201 defines “serious physical injury” as creating a significant risk of death or protracted or permanent disfigurement.

Customer:

ok, go on

LADYLAWYER :

It can also include delivering an injury to another individual that results in the impairment or loss of a bodily function. Further, any assault that includes the involvement of a firearm, regardless of the severity of the resulting injury, can be defined as first-degree assault in Maryland.

Customer:

ok, go on

LADYLAWYER :

You are not guilty of this.

LADYLAWYER :

I will, thanks!

LADYLAWYER :

:)

LADYLAWYER :

Maryland state code ß 3-203 covers second-degree assault in Maryland, which is legally defined as causing any type of physical injury to another individual. It can also be defined as causing a physical impairment to another individual, with the specifics open to interpretation by the courts.

Customer:

ok, so you are telling me that i have nothing to worry about? correct?

Customer:

am i guilty of anything?

LADYLAWYER :

As far as assault goes, no, you have nothing to worry about.

LADYLAWYER :

They could try to seek an order of protection against you.

LADYLAWYER :

But that is not criminal and you would not be arrested.

Customer:

great, so an idle threat is nothing for me to worry about then?,,,,,,,, so the only thing they could do is get a restraining order against me?

LADYLAWYER :

I would go ahead and file your employment lawsuit as you don't have anything to worry about here.

Customer:

great !!!!!,,,,,, by chance are you located in md?

LADYLAWYER :

We are located all over the US. Unfortunately, the site won't let us represent any of its customers as it presents a conflict of interest.

LADYLAWYER :

Do you need a link for labor law attorneys in your area?

Customer:

yes, that would be great especially if you can recommend anyone in baltimore

LADYLAWYER :

I am not able to recommend anyone specifically (site rule again, grr) but this site has all the best attorneys as rated by their peers: www.martindale.com.

Customer:

ok, great !!!!!! i want to thank you for all your help,,,,,,,, by chance down the road, if i have any other legal questions for justanswer.com, can i request you?

LADYLAWYER :

Of course, just start your questions off with "For LadyLawyer". My name is XXXXX XXXXX

Customer:

thanks christa,,,,, again my name is XXXXX XXXXX want to thank you very much for all your help.

LADYLAWYER :

You're so welcome, Brian. I hope you and your wife get the justice you deserve.

LADYLAWYER :

Please let me know if you have any further questions about this--I am happy to answer them! If not, would you kindly leave a positive rating for me at this time? It costs you nothing further to do but it is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer:

thank you,,,, by chance, for down the road,,,,,do you handle questions about what i would call UNJUSTIFIED TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT ????

LADYLAWYER :

Yes, I can answer labor law questions for you.

Customer:

ok great,,,,, i will save that for another time,,,,,,, are you online certain times?

LADYLAWYER :

Just open a new questions when you're ready and that will be fine.

LADYLAWYER :

I am online off an on every day but Sunday.

LADYLAWYER :

I own my own firm so I don't have set hours of when I am online.

LADYLAWYER :

Usually on in the evenings though.

Customer:

lucky you !!!!!!,, thanks christa,, i will leave you a very positive rating,,,,,, and i will be in touch soon!!

LADYLAWYER :

Thanks Brian! Take care!

Customer:

bye!

LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience: Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.